Sunday, August 22, 2010

How to be an Effective Teacher: Part 2 of 3

Greetings,

I know a lot of you are excited as the students return to school on Monday. I know you have all been patiently waiting for me to share my PowerPoint on procedures and routines on the first day of school. Remember this was featured in Dr. Harry K. Wong's keynote presentation all around the United States.

First let me share with you the 7 questions that student will have when they enter your classroom. The following information below was from my notes from the Keynote Address. You can find more information in the book: The First Days of School.

1. Am I in the right room?
This gives them a sense of security to know they are in the right place.

2. Where am I suppose to sit?
This lets them know I want you here and I am inviting you into my classroom and I have planned for you.

3. What are the rules in this classroom?
This helps the classroom run more smoothly.

4. What will I be doing this year?
This is your chance to sell what it is they will be learning this year. Create excitement for your classroom for the upcoming school year.

5. How will I be graded?
What is your grading policy? Let them know what it is they need to do to earn a grade in your classroom.

6. Who is my teacher as a person?
Let the students know something about you and they will have a better time relating to you. Tell them what you like, collect or any hobbies or interests you have. Tell them about yourself. If you do not do this, then they will be inventing things about you.

7. Will my teacher treat me fairly?
Yes I will treat you fair, but your definition of fair may not be the same as mine.

My PowerPoint on classroom procedures and routines is located below. All you have to do is click on the picture below and you can download it and save it. I hope these ideas help you be the best teacher you can be.



Once again, I hope these ideas I have shared with you help you out. I hope you have a great first day of school and I will see you next week. For more PowerPoints from other successful teachers please visit http://www.teachers.net/

Artikel Terkait classroom ,classroom management ,computer lab teacher ,effective teaching ,first days of school ,free PowerPoint ,free student center activities ,Harry wong ,questions ,Ybarra

No comments:

Post a Comment